"May Adonai bless you and protect you! May Adonai deal kindly and graciously with you! May Adonai lift up his countenance upon you and grant you peace!" (Torah, Numbers 6:24-26) And Jesus said, "Allow the little children to come unto me. Forbid them not, for of such is the Kingdom of God. Truly, I say unto you, unless you receive the Kingdom of God as a little child does, you shall not enter therein." (New Testament, Mark 10:14-16)

Sojourning at an Oasis Paradise

My purpose for living this life, and for writing this blog, is to understand the faith that links us to God. I wish to explore and discuss the reality at the heart of all of the world's religions. This is an immense task, but I know that God also has faith in us, trusting that we do desire the truth, as well as freedom, love and wisdom. Thus, as always, He meets us halfway. Even as God has given us individual souls, so we must each of us trace out an individual pathway to God. Whether we reside in the cities of orthodox religion, or wend our solitary ways through the barren wastelands, God watches over us and offers us guidance and sustenance for the journey.


Most of what you will see here is the result of extensive personal study, combined with some careful speculation. Occasionally, I may simply offer some Scripture or an inspirational text. I am a wide reader, and the connection of some topics and ideas to matters of faith and religion may not seem immediately obvious, but perhaps I may spell it out in the end... or maybe, you will decide that it was just a tangent. Anyway, I hope that you will find my meanderings to be spiritually enlightening, intellectually stimulating, or at least somewhat entertaining.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Quick Daily Prayers

Sunday - Achieving Peace

Lord, make me an instrument of your peace.
Where there is hatred, let me sow love.
Where there is injury, let me sow pardon.
Where there is doubt, let me sow faith.
Where there is despair, let me sow hope.
Where there is darkness, let me sow light.
And where there is sadness, let me sow joy.
Amen.
   (from St. Francis of Assisi)

Monday - Keeping the Faith

I bind myself to:
God's power to guard me,
God's might to uphold me,
God's wisdom to teach me,
God's eye to watch over me,
God's ear to hear me,
God's Word to give me speech,
God's hand to guide me,
God's way to lead before me,
God's shield to shelter me,
God's host to secure me.
Amen.
   (from St. Patrick's Lorica)

Tuesday - Feeling Compassion

Jesus, may the contemplation of your sufferings move me with the greatest compassion. Make me hate my sins, and kindle in my heart a more fervent love for You. My beloved Jesus, grant that I may never cease to love you, and do with me as you will.
Amen.
   (from the Stations of the Cross)

Wednesday - Finding Strength

O' Mighty Lord, I pray that You will be my shield as I do battle against ignorance, cruelty and injustice. Through your unending love, I pray that you will grant me goodness and steadfastness, so that I might lead others to do your will and glorify your Name.
Amen.
   (a contemporary prayer)

Thursday - Lead the Way

Lord, inspire us today with the qualities of good leadership. Give us insight to make wise decisions, integrity to face the Truth, courage to make difficult choices and compassion for the needs of others. Make us a model of justice and honor to the world, and let us never forget that our job is to serve, both You and others.
Amen.
   (a contemporary prayer)

Friday - Doing God's Will)

Teach us to be generous, good Lord;
Teach us to serve You as You deserve;
To give, and not to count the cost,
To fight, and not to heed the wounds,
To toil, and not to seek for rest,
To labor, and not to ask for any reward,
Save that of knowing we do your Will.
Amen.
   (from St. Ignatius Loyola)

Saturday - Finding Comfort

Dear Lord,
Help me to remember what is really important:
That I am your child, and You are my Father.
You love me for who I am and how I live,
not for what I look like or what I own.
Let me praise You, as You see into my heart.
You are always with me, and ready to ease my suffering.
I love you with all my heart.
Amen.
   (a contemporary prayer)

I found this in a pocket pamphlet. As it held no copyright mark, I felt free to share it. Please do copy it for your own use. God bless you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment