"May Adonai bless you and protect you! May Adonai deal kindly and graciously with you! May Adonai lift up his countenance upon you and grant you peace!" (Torah, Numbers 6:24-26) And Jesus said, "Allow the little children to come unto me. Forbid them not, for of such is the Kingdom of God. Truly, I say unto you, unless you receive the Kingdom of God as a little child does, you shall not enter therein." (New Testament, Mark 10:14-16)

Sojourning at an Oasis Paradise

My purpose for living this life, and for writing this blog, is to understand the faith that links us to God. I wish to explore and discuss the reality at the heart of all of the world's religions. This is an immense task, but I know that God also has faith in us, trusting that we do desire the truth, as well as freedom, love and wisdom. Thus, as always, He meets us halfway. Even as God has given us individual souls, so we must each of us trace out an individual pathway to God. Whether we reside in the cities of orthodox religion, or wend our solitary ways through the barren wastelands, God watches over us and offers us guidance and sustenance for the journey.


Most of what you will see here is the result of extensive personal study, combined with some careful speculation. Occasionally, I may simply offer some Scripture or an inspirational text. I am a wide reader, and the connection of some topics and ideas to matters of faith and religion may not seem immediately obvious, but perhaps I may spell it out in the end... or maybe, you will decide that it was just a tangent. Anyway, I hope that you will find my meanderings to be spiritually enlightening, intellectually stimulating, or at least somewhat entertaining.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

A Prayer for my Soldier Son

My Lord, I know your gifts are many,
I'm thankful for every one.
Of all the gifts you've given me,
the best is my dear son.
I thank you for his life, dear Lord.
Watch over him every day.
May he be free and safe from harm,
as he goes about his way.
Teach him wisdom & seeking truth.
Give him love and friends around.
Let him know you stand beside him,
when he's on the battleground.
May his challenges bring blessings.
Help him choose aright, not wrong.
Make him a light for all to see,
standing tall and proud and strong.
Amen.

"I am the Way, the Truth and the Life," said Jesus. "Seek and you shall find, ask and you shall receive, knock and it shall be opened to you."

I am seeking to know God in His infinite Truth and goodness. Dear Jesus, please show me the Way to follow, so that I may reach the doors of Heaven and knock, assured that they will open for me, and that by your grace I shall be granted eternal Life.

May there soon be peace, justice and mercy for everyone concerned in Jerusalem. And may they all give You the glory.

"In hoc signo vinces." - the motto from Constantine's vision of the Cross, which promised divine aid for a Christian Army. The vision was proven true by his victory at the Milvian Bridge. May our defenders always have the strength of God going before them.

A Special Prayer for Our Troops:
Lord God, Almighty Father,
You are the Creator of mankind and Author of peace.
As we are ever mindful of the cost paid for the liberty we possess, we ask you to bless the members and the veterans of our armed forces, wherever they may be.
Give them courage, hope and strength. May they ever experience your firm support, gentle love and compassionate healing. Be their power and protector, leading them to victory, and then safely home. May they have the faith to follow You through any darkness into the light.
We thank you for your Mercy through Christ Jesus,
for all glory, honor and praise is yours, now and forever.
Amen.

Dear Lord Jesus,
As you know, there are some conflicts that we can not turn away from, unless we would dishonor our faith in you. In such times, we need most your gracious word and merciful healing.
So grant, please Lord, your special blessings and protection to the chaplains and medics who serve in our armed forces. May they be strong in faith, and steady and sure in the performance of their duties to support their comrades, especially if they may find themselves in combat. Keep them safe from harm, and bring them home to their loved ones, who are waiting to embrace them.
In thine own name we pray. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for hearing and answering our prayer with your compassionate mercy.
Amen.  

No comments:

Post a Comment