"May Adonai bless you and protect you! May Adonai deal kindly and graciously with you! May Adonai lift up his countenance upon you and grant you peace!" (Torah, Numbers 6:24-26) And Jesus said, "Allow the little children to come unto me. Forbid them not, for of such is the Kingdom of God. Truly, I say unto you, unless you receive the Kingdom of God as a little child does, you shall not enter therein." (New Testament, Mark 10:14-16)

Sojourning at an Oasis Paradise

My purpose for living this life, and for writing this blog, is to understand the faith that links us to God. I wish to explore and discuss the reality at the heart of all of the world's religions. This is an immense task, but I know that God also has faith in us, trusting that we do desire the truth, as well as freedom, love and wisdom. Thus, as always, He meets us halfway. Even as God has given us individual souls, so we must each of us trace out an individual pathway to God. Whether we reside in the cities of orthodox religion, or wend our solitary ways through the barren wastelands, God watches over us and offers us guidance and sustenance for the journey.


Most of what you will see here is the result of extensive personal study, combined with some careful speculation. Occasionally, I may simply offer some Scripture or an inspirational text. I am a wide reader, and the connection of some topics and ideas to matters of faith and religion may not seem immediately obvious, but perhaps I may spell it out in the end... or maybe, you will decide that it was just a tangent. Anyway, I hope that you will find my meanderings to be spiritually enlightening, intellectually stimulating, or at least somewhat entertaining.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

"Love your Enemy" is not meant to be Immigration Policy

Of course, as a Christian, I know I should love my enemies. How can we help Muslims to see the errors of Islam if we shun them. But accepting Muslim immigrants to come to America is pure  foolishness, because they are not coming here to join us and become Americans. They are coming in order to bring Islam and Sharia law. Most Muslims have NO intent to leave Islam behind, and Islam is NOT compatible with our Constitution, our political system, or our way of life. Look at it closely and study our history, and you will see. From the time of President Jefferson, the United States has been at odds with Islam, fighting the Barbary pirates who were attacking our ships and taking captives for slaves. I would prefer to love my enemies in their own countries, to show them that they would be better off having us as friends.

I don't mind having lots of people around from all over the world, and I do think that cultural diversity is a good thing. I know, there are plenty of Muslims who are not particularly religious or political these days, but can you say that they will NEVER go to a mosque and become radicalized? Family heritage is a powerful motivator, if you are looking for your spiritual values and roots. Yet, in Islam, that is the danger.

This is going to sound prejudiced, but I feel this is mutual and reciprocal, so it's fair. If I see a family with 5 kids, the mom wears a burka and walks one pace behind her husband, who wears a full beard and a skullcap ... or when I stop by a local Halal grocery to shop for whatever food looks interesting, and the shopkeeper won't smile and talk ... I see potential Sharia jihadis. And they make me freaking nervous!! There are entire towns, now, in America, where all non-Muslims are considered "kaffirs" and are less than welcome. Have you ever before heard of a shopkeeper who keeps silent and scowls?

It's not the people, as people, who trouble me. I'm not worried about people who are just different. I like Amish, Orthodox Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, Yorubas, even some Republicans and Democrats! I firmly believe that people should be judged by the content of their characters, not by their race or appearance. But if anyone wants to come here and change America, to make it like their homeland, I would ask them to stay home. I can love them there, to show them how to be friends, easily enough.

I just don't want anyone to come here and tell me that my Constitution is man-made and therefore less good than the "divine word" in their book. I consider our basic Law of the Land to be sacred, because it has inspired and allowed the American people to build a better world. The Caliphate under Sharia couldn't do that.

Muslims memorize the Qur'an by its sounds, without trying to understand the words, and tell us we don't understand because we don't read it in Arabic!?! Most of them won't even read it in their native language, because a translation "corrupts" the message. But a modern Arabic Qur'an is also a translated version. Only a few scholars can understand the original texts. The average Muslim only knows what the imam preaches on Friday. They have never heard the incendiary stuff that leads to violent jihad, because it's not politically expedient, yet. That can wait until there are enough of them to fight and withstand the backlash.

I would not be worried about immigrants who are not bound to a religion with an inherent political agenda to pursue world domination. Non-religious "in name only" Muslims, who don't practice, and would rather be Americans, are fine. But the religious jihadis have to be winnowed out, and prevented from entering my country. We don't want the intifada spreading here, bringing IEDs and suicide bombers to our cities, like they have in Israel.

Can you tell me how to discern which are which when they come to the border in disguise? They know they are invaders, so they know enough to lie (Muhammad said, "Jihad is deception") and claim to be refugees or asylum seekers, just to get past our system. No? I thought not.

I'm sorry, but if I'm going to accept immigrants from a majority-muslim country, I'm going to prefer the ones who suffer persecution. I will unhesitatingly take all the Jews, Christians or Hindus who are trying to get out. They are at risk for their lives from radical jihadis. So, I KNOW that they will never attack me. They will be grateful to have a new home. And that will be doing God's work, and loving my neighbors.

No comments:

Post a Comment